BC Online is the Learning Management Software used to provide online classes. Each online class is made up of a series of files that provide information and ways to interact between students and with the instructor and you access everything through our intranet, My Bethel. Once you are an enrolled student you will receive a login ID and password.
For more information see Technology Requirements.
Online Learning Technology Requirements:
- Operating System – Windows 7 or 8
- RAM – Minimum: 2GB
- Recommended – 3GB or more
- Hard drive – Minimum: 100GB
- Recommended – 200GB+
- Internal Wireless Card
- Microsoft Office
- Anti-virus software
- Laptops are available for purchase through the Campus Store
The Help Desk provides student support 24/7. Simply dial 0 on any campus phone or 574.807.7000.
Tips for Success
- Take it seriously. The educational requirements are the same for all campus classes. Skipping an assignment or discussion can lead to having points deducted from your final grade.
- Participate! Exchanging ideas, debating issues, and sharing your thoughts are important for you to learn and apply the knowledge you gained. Log in daily. Check assignments and discussions, which take place over time.
- Study. In addition to the class discussions there are assignments and exams. Poor time management is one of the main reasons people fail an online or an on-ground course.
- Get help. If you have problems with assignments or technical details, let us know right away. Be respectful. Remember the Golden Rule when having online discussions. We talk and debate to learn from each other, but always be respectful.
- Apply what you learn. The skills you learn can often provide advantages to you in other parts of your life.
- A place to think. Find a place and time to study that provides you the quiet you need to concentrate. Know your learning style. The basic learning styles for people are visual, auditory, read-write, and kinesthetic or hands-on. Consider what works best for you.